- Proficient understanding of web markup: HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of BackboneJS
- Basic Knowledge of AngularJS is a plus
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, optimize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and device compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of front-end optimization techniques.
- Coding valid HTML and CSS mark-up.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Contributing to documentation (style guides, instructional and technical specification)
- Cascading front-end requirements to other developers
- Contributing to the company’s development standards
- Discussing technical solutions with product owners and providing innovative new ideas to solutions.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
- Constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies.