- Experience in configuration management as well as automation efforts (Puppet, Chef).
- Fluency in coding/scripting language (i.e., Python, Perl).
- Good network fundamentals and troubleshooting ability (TCP/IP, DNS, etc).
- Strong understanding of continuous integration/deployment and versioning systems such as SVN, Git, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc.
- Strong experience working with MySQL, understanding of MongoDB is a plus.
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN (even if you haven’t worked on one)
- Configuration and maintenance of common web applications and protocols such as Apache, memcached, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS and SNMP
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is an advantage
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills – you can fix anything
- Detail oriented and careful
- Own our infrastructure components like server instances in AWS and other cloud services (EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB), application servers in our local offices, web infrastructure and everything in between
- Configure and maintain our web stack applications such as Apache, PHP, memcached, Nginx, etc.
- Quickly diagnose server problems and employ preventive measures to maintain high availability servers
- Write and review scripting code, develop documentation and capacity plans, debug the hardest problems
- Work directly with developers to resolve technical issues
- Share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents together with your team
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- At least 4 years experience with Linux and web stack.