Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Works with Development and System Admin Teams to ensure system releases does not compromise the security, integrity or quality of the underlying data structures used by the application.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system, defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, backup and recovery specifications.
- Configures and implements database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Ensures database environment maintains proper security, adhering to industry best practices and regulatory compliance with respect to data storage, management and access
- Develop tools and processes to establish trends in data growth and forecast capacity needs
- Execute data migrations and database upgrades
- Define the architectural vision and strategy for the enterprise database environment
- Drive best practices in monitoring databases with the ability to identify key performance indicators
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent
- With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in supporting database platforms for online service businesses
- Understands complex database and server technologies
- Expert level knowledge of relational databases with strong knowledge in MySQL preferred.
- Experience working with cloud based database platforms preferably AWS.
- Expertise in various MySQL replication technologies
- Knowledgeable of best practices in database security